President of the National Iranian American Council Trita Parsi returns to the show to discuss the Iran Nuclear Deal and what’s at stake should the Trump administration attempt to nix the deal and why his bellicose approach to Iran could have significant consequences. Parsi explains Congress’s role in the life of the deal, and why even a Republican-controlled Congress might be hesitant to kill the deal.
Trita Parsi is the president of the National Iranian American Council and the author of “Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy.” Parsi is the recipient of the 2010 Grawemeyer Award for Ideas Improving World Order. Follow him on Twitter: @tparsi.
Discussed on the show:
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- “Iran’s Swift Release of U.S. Sailors Hailed as a Sign of Warmer Relations” (New York Times)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, by Gareth Porter
- Mao Zedong
- “Obama to Iran and Israel: ‘As President of the United States, I Don’t Bluff’,” by Jeffrey Goldberg (The Atlantic)
- “Quiet Support for Saudis Entangles U.S. in Yemen” (New York Times)
- Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy, by Trita Parsi
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.