President of the National Iranian American Council Trita Parsi returns to the show to discuss the Iran Nuclear Deal and what’s at stake should the Trump administration attempt to nix the deal and why his bellicose approach to Iran could have significant consequences. Parsi explains Congress’s role in the life of the deal, and why even a Republican-controlled Congress might be hesitant to kill the deal.
Trita Parsi is the president of the National Iranian American Council and the author of “Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy.” Parsi is the recipient of the 2010 Grawemeyer Award for Ideas Improving World Order. Follow him on Twitter: @tparsi.
Discussed on the show:
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- “Iran’s Swift Release of U.S. Sailors Hailed as a Sign of Warmer Relations” (New York Times)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, by Gareth Porter
- Mao Zedong
- “Obama to Iran and Israel: ‘As President of the United States, I Don’t Bluff’,” by Jeffrey Goldberg (The Atlantic)
- “Quiet Support for Saudis Entangles U.S. in Yemen” (New York Times)
- Losing an Enemy: Obama, Iran and the Triumph of Diplomacy, by Trita Parsi
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.