Gareth Porter returns to the show to discuss his latest story for Alternet, “Have We Been Deceived Over Syrian Sarin Attack?” Porter takes a deep dive into the evidence of the supposed Khan Sheikoun sarin attack and explains why we have good reason to doubt the narrative and evidence presented by the Trump administration, what’s still in dispute, and raises questions that still need answering.
Gareth Porter is an investigative historian and journalist on the national security state and author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. Follow him on Twitter @GarethPorter and listen to Gareth’s previous appearances on the Scott Horton Show.
Discussed on the show:
- “4/6/17 Philip Giraldi says IC-Military Doubt Assad Gas Narrative” (The Scott Horton Show)
- Khan Shaykhun chemical attack
- Elliott Higgins
- “Mounting Evidence Syrian Forces Were Behind Khan Sheikhoun Attack,” by Ole Solvang (Human Rights Watch)
- “Trump’s Red Line in Syria,” by Sy Hersch (Die Welt)
- Aluminum phosphide
- “ISIS used chemical weapons against the Kurds, US officials say” (The Hill)
- “Yet another video shows U.S.-funded white helmets assisting public-held executions in rebel-held Syria,” by Ben Norton (Salon.com)
- “OPCW Fact-Finding Mission Confirms Use of Chemical Weapons in Khan Shaykhun on 4 April 2017” (OPCW)
- “Assad forces carried out sarin attack, says French intelligence”
- “Government Assessment of the Syrian Government’s Use of Chemical Weapons on August 21, 2013” (The White House)
- “Regime change in Syria is one of many priorities, says Nikki Haley” (The Telegraph)
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.