Philip Weiss, editor of Mondoweiss.net, returns to the show to discuss Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and his future plans to move the U.S. embassy there in the future. According to Weiss Trump’s decision extinguishes the peace process and is a moment of great despair for those who believed the Oslo Accord would lead to the creation of a Palestinian state. Weiss then details the history of Israeli land annexation from Palestinians in Jerusalem dating back to the the 1940s. Weiss believes that ultimately Palestinian freedom will require American Jews to demand equal political representation for Palestinians. Scott then turns the subject to “Russia-gate” and the grand omission from much of the media: Michael Flynn’s behind-the-scenes work to torpedo the U.N. resolution that condemned Israeli settlements.
Discussed on the Show:
- Dave Smith
- “ABC News apologizes for ‘serious error’ in Trump report and suspends Brian Ross for four weeks” (Washington Post)
- “The unresolved story of ABC News’ false Saddam-anthrax reports,” by Glenn Greenwald (Salon)
- Sheldon Adelson
- Oslo Accords
- 1967 War
- Green Line (Israel)
- Edward Said
- Ali Abunimah (Electronic Intifada)
- United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine
- “Arafat didn’t negotiate—he just kept saying no” (The Guardian)
- “Statement by Prime Minister Ehud Barak-07-Oct-2000” (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Public Choice Theory
- “A majority of one is pushing for embassy move — Sheldon Adelson,” by Philip Weiss (Mondoweiss.net)
- Reuven Rivlin
- “Trump’s Transition Team Colluded With Israel. Why Isn’t That News?” (The Intercept)
- “Flynn indictment exposes collusion with Israel, not Russia,” by Max Blumenthal (Salon)
- The Doomsday Machine: Confessions of a Nuclear War Planner, by Daniel Ellsberg
- “Flynn’s plea on Russian influence reveals… Israel’s influence!” by Philip Weiss (Mondoweiss.net)
- “Trump just ‘pushed the two-state solution over the cliff’” (Mondoweiss.net)
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.