Derek Davison returns to the show to discuss his latest article, “Clean Break II: Iran Hawks Decide To Burn It All Down.” Davison details the latest neoconservative nightmare, explains his fear that Donald Trump is being quickly coopted by the neoconservatives, and considers what might happen if the U.S. walks away from the deal.
Discussed on the show:
- “The Men From JINSA and CSP,” by Jason Vest (The Nation)
- Office of Special Plans
- “One Way to Counter Iran’s Aggression? Change the Map of the Middle East,” by Michael Makovsky (Fox News)
- “A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm by David Wurmser 1996” (ScottHorton.org)
- Amhed Chalabi
- Dual Containment
- “Land-bridge” from @MaxAbrahms
- “Plan B,” by Seymour Hersch (The New Yorker)
- “Lebanese prime minister stays silent as Donald Trump mistakenly says he is fighting Hezbollah” (The Independent)
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.