Eric Margolis joins Scott to discuss his latest article, “Sorry, Chump, You Didn’t Have It In Writing” in which Margolis recalls the history of broken promises and lies made to Russia by NATO and the United States, and the subsequent increase in tension and near misses in Eastern Europe. Scott then asks Margolis: just how evil—and how ambitious—is Vladimir Putin? Margolis describes his visit in 1990 to the KGB headquarters and Putin-as-Russian-Pinochet, how U.S. corporate interests pillaged Russia after the fall of the wall, and how Vladimir Putin helped rebuild the country in the aftermath. Scott then transitions to Palestine and asks Margolis how he explains the Israel-Palestine conflict to people.
Discussed on the show:
- James Baker
- “Newly Declassified Documents: Gorbachev Told NATO Wouldn’t Move Past East German Border” (The National Interest)
- Singing Revolution
- “The Birth of the Global Nation,” by Strobe Talbott (Time)
- NATO-Russia relations
- Eduard Shevardnadze
- George Kennan
- “Foreign Affairs; Now a Word From X,” by Thomas Friedman (The New York Times)
- “U.S. and Russia Reach Deal to Destroy Syria’s Chemical Arms” (The New York Times)
- “Putin the Patriot,” by Justin Raimondo (Antiwar.com)
- “Palestinians, Get Out!” by Eric Margolis (EricMargolis.com)
- “685: The Great Scott Horton” (The Jason Stapleton Program)
- “12/18/17 Ramzy Baroud on the long-awaited death of the Two-State Solution” (The Scott Horton Show)
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.