Nasser Arrabyee returns to the show to give his latest update on the devestation from the U.S.-Saudi Arabian war in Yemen. Arrabyee confirms that more than 900,000 people have contracted cholera and discusses the recent retaliatory strike by the Houthis against the Saudi airport and the latest developments in the U.S.-Saudi blockade, which the U.N. warns could kill millions of people. Arrabyee explains how Yemeni deaths have been vastly underestimated and dispels the myth that this is a moral war. Finally Arrabyee explains in detail the myriad factors that contribute to the war in Yemen and why it would be impossible for someone like Donald Trump to understand them.
Discussed on the show:
- “8/28/17 MSF’s Clair Manera on the cholera epidemic in Yemen” (Scott Horton Show)
- “A new Saudi blockade could worsen Yemen’s cholera crisis” (Washington Post)
- “Millions In Yemen Will Die Unless Saudi Aid Blockade Is Lifted, UN Warns” (Huffington Post)
- “Saudi Arabia accuses Iran of ‘direct aggression’ over Yemen missile” (The Guardian)
- “11/7/17 Congressman Walter Jones on his fight for H.Con.Res.81 and against the War Party” (Scott Horton Show)
- Zaidi Shias
- “Airstrike Kills at Least 25 at Market in Yemen” (New York Times)
- “Yemen attack: 42 killed in suicide bombings claimed by Isis” (The Independent)
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.