Gregory Lovett joins Scott to discuss his new documentary, “Delay, Deny, Hope You Die: How America Poisoned Its Soldiers” which opens Monday in Los Angeles and across the country over the next month. Buy tickets for an upcoming screening in your area here and watch the extended trailer.
Lovett shares the backstory of the documentary, which he was inspired to make after reading Joseph Hickman’s book “The Burn Pits.” He explains why the United States military decided to burn the massive amounts of garbage produced by its soldiers in massive burn pits with carcinogenic jet fuel, details the subsequent denial and cover up, and exposes the crony businesses that profited off it all. Lovett then describes the problems that veterans have seeking care from the VA and the heartbreaking stories of suffering of soldiers who return home.
“Delay, Deny, Hope You Die: How America Poisoned Its Soldiers” received Honorable Mention at the FilmOneFest and an Award of Merit from the Impact Doc Awards.
Discussed on the show:
- Kelley B. Vlahos’s stories on the burn pits (The American Conservative Magazine)
- The Burn Pits: The Poisoning of America’s Soldiers, by Joseph Hickman
- Dick Cheney
- Tom Udall
- “The Things They Burned” (The New Republic)
- Iraqi Crud
- “Judge dismisses veterans’ suit over Iraq, Afghan burn pits” (Seattle Times)
- “US military burn pits built on chemical weapons facilities tied to soldiers’ illness” (The Guardian)
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.