Major Danny Sjursen comes back on the show to discuss the killing of General Raziq in a recent “green-on-blue” attack. Sjursen explains that these killings are not new—there have been dozens throughout the war in Afghanistan—but they should be a wake-up call. If American and allied troops aren’t even safe from each other, after all, how can the U.S. hope to win a war against its enemies? Sjursen is adamant that we’ve already lost the war and we should just pull out as soon as possible without wasting any more lives.
Discussed on the show:
- “Quagmire: What the Attack on General Miller in Afghanistan Tells Us” (AntiWar.com)
- “Saudi Arabia Financed the Killers of American Troops I Commanded” (TruthDig)
- Abdul Raziq Achakzai
- “The Master of Spin Boldak” (Harpers)
- Haqqani network
- “The Afghanistan War Is Over. We Lost.” (Weekly Standard)
- “The Redirection” (New Yorker)
- “Preparing the Battlefield” (New Yorker)
- Collateral Murder
- “NEW SURVEY: Seventeen Years On, Americans—Including Veterans—Want Out of Afghanistan” (Koch Institute)
Danny Sjursen is a major in the U.S. army and former history instructor at West Point. He writes regularly for TomDispatch.com and he’s the author of “Ghost Riders of Baghdad: Soldiers, Civilians, and the Myth of the Surge.” Follow him on Twitter @SkepticalVet.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Zen Cash; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download