Sheldon Richman talks about his latest TGIF article, “The Insidious Wiles of Foreign Influence: Trump, Bin Salman, and Netanyahu”. Scott and Sheldon bemoan the fact that the killing of Khashoggi has received far more outrage from journalists, politicians, and the public than the outrageous war in Yemen has. Although not exactly surprising, it’s still disturbing. Sheldon maintains that Saudi Arabia is probably the worst possible regime for the United States to count among its allies.
Discussed on the show:
- “TGIF: The Insidious Wiles of Foreign Influence: Trump, Bin Salman, and Netanyahu” (Libertarian Institute)
- Center for a Stateless Society
- The Future of Freedom Foundation
- Jamal Khashoggi
- “Praying for Jamal Khashoggi” (New York Times)
- Khashoggi And The Jewish Question
- Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare
- “10/17/18 Ben Freeman on the Saudi Lobby” (Libertarian Institute)
- “Trump’s Patron-in-Chief” (ProPublica)
Sheldon Richman is the executive editor of the Libertarian Institute and the author of America’s Counter-Revolution: The Constitution Revisited. Follow him on Twitter @SheldonRichman.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Zen Cash; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.