Scott interviews Patrick Martin on his new article series, “The CIA Democrats,” in which he outlines the disturbing trend of dozens of former military commanders, State Department war planners, and outright CIA, FBI, and Military Intelligence agents seeking nomination from the Democratic Party in congressional elections. Their victories would create a strong pro-war faction within the party, since by Martin’s reckoning, only a single one of these candidates has come out with an anti-war position. In some cases it may even technically be illegal for these men and women to seek political office. Unfortunately, Martin explains, most American liberals actually think President Trump isn’t hostile enough to foreign countries, citing his ‘willingness to cozy up to dictators’ in the form of peace talks and aversion to war.
Discussed on the show:
- “The CIA Democrats: Part one” (The World Socialist Web Site)
- Elissa Slotkin
- “A new wave of military vets set sights on Congress” (NBC)
- Church Committee
- “US Nato envoy’s threat to Russia: stop developing missile or we’ll ‘take it out’” (The Guardian)
- “Pelosi: Bush Impeachment `Off the Table’” (New York Times)
- “Wall Street Is Booming Under Trump. But Many of Its Donors Are Embracing Democrats.” (New York Times)
- Seth Moulton
Patrick Martin is the senior national political writer for the World Socialist Web Site, where he is the author of numerous articles.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Zen Cash; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and TheBumperSticker.com.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.