Joe Lauria returns to the show to discuss his book on Hillary Clinton, “How I Lost By Hillary Clinton,” Trump’s America, and the hysteria over Russia’s supposed actions in the 2016 elections. Then Lauria pivots to the Kurdish referendum in Iraq and gives an overview of the history of the Kurshish movement for independence and details the Kurdish allies and the longer list of opposition. Lastly Lauria reviews the state of ISIS in Iraq and gives an update on Mosul.
Joe Lauria is a contributing writer at Consortium News. He is a former UN correspondent and wrote at the Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal. You can follow him on Twitter @unjoe.
Discussed on the show:
- “Hillary Clinton’s What Happened: A conspiracy theory of the 2016 election” (World Socialist Website)
- “Clinton opens door to questioning legitimacy of 2016 election” (CNN)
- “Hillary Clinton’s Ace-in-the-Hole: Russia,” by Joe Lauria (Huffington Post)
- “Russia Sought A Broad Reset With Trump, Secret Document Shows” (Buzzfeed)
- “Tensions rise in Iraq ahead of Kurdish referendum” (Al Jazeera)
- Republic of Mahabad
- Montivideo Convention
- “Netanyahu: Israel supports Iraqi Kurd independence” (Middle East Eye)
- “Plan B,” by Seymour Hersh (The New Yorker)
- Rand Paul: Give the Kurds a Country (CNN)
- Masoud Barzani
- “Iraqi Kurdistan Regional Government’s Planned Referendum” (U.S. Department of State)
- “Turkey urges Iraqi Kurds to drop referendum, cites sanctions” (Reuters)
- “The Redirection,” by Seymour Hersh (The New Yorker)
- “US ‘deeply concerned’ after Turkey bombs allies in Iraq and Syria” (CNN)
- Battle of Tal Afar
- “The massacre of Mosul: 40,000 feared dead in battle to take back city from Isis as scale of civilian casualties revealed,” by Patrick Cockburn (The Independent)
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.