This week on Antiwar Radio, Scott talked with Dave DeCamp. DeCamp gives an update on Afghanistan where the Taliban are attempting to form a government. Both Scott and DeCamp agree that the Taliban are likely to face difficulties as they try to govern the country, especially if they continue to only appoint Pashtun men to positions of power. Both point to the retaliatory drone strike that killed civilians in Kabul as a preview of what “over the horizon” operations will look like if Biden is serious about continuing them. Lastly, DeCamp provides an update on Syria where insiders appear to be happy with the status quo. And both Scott and DeCamp point to northern Syria as a perfect example of Washington’s hypocrisy on “terrorist safe-havens.”
Discussed on the show:
- Bill Roggio at the Long War Journal
- Emily Horne’s statement about Taliban cooperation
- “Tens of thousands of civilians likely killed by US in ‘Forever Wars’” (Airwars.org)
- “The Other Afghan Women” (New Yorker)
- “Looser rules, more civilian deaths, a Taliban takeover: Inside America’s failed Afghan drone campaign” (Connecting Vets)
Dave DeCamp is the assistant news editor of Antiwar.com. Follow him on Twitter @decampdave.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download