Kevin Gosztola is back on the show to discuss a recent Yahoo! News article about Assange that went viral. Gosztola thinks the piece contains some good reporting but leans too much on a flawed Russiagate framing. Scott and Gosztola discuss the semantic war our government is waging with attempts to redefine certain journalists as “information brokers” and “non-state hostile intelligence agents.” Gosztola also gives an update on Assange’s situation as his next hearing approaches next month.
Discussed on the show:
- “Kidnapping, assassination and a London shoot-out: Inside the CIA’s secret war plans against WikiLeaks” (Yahoo! News)
- “The CIA’s War On WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange” (Medium)
- In Defense of Jullian Assange — OR Books
- Top Secret America at the Washington Post
- “UN expert says “collective persecution” of Julian Assange must end now” (ohchr.org)
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Dröm; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.