Scott talks to Dave Smith about the upcoming election and the role of the Libertarian Party in presidential politics. Both agree that the right move for the Party, given that it has essentially no chance of winning the presidency in the near future, is simply to spread the message of liberty to as many people as possible, just as Ron Paul did during his campaigns. Instead, the LP seems more focused on saying the politically correct thing, not offending too many people and accepting a few percentage points at the ballot box. This strategy is sure fail in waking people up to the radical message of libertarianism that our country so desperately needs. Scott and Smith also discuss the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the likely fallout from the Republicans’ attempts to install a new justice before January 2021.
Discussed on the show:
- “9/11/20 Ford Fischer on the Unified Activism the Media Doesn’t Want You to See” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Leaked phone recordings reveal CNN head supported then-candidate Trump during 2016 elections” (One America News Network)
- Hate Inc.: Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another
- “War Crime Risk Grows for U.S. Over Saudi Strikes in Yemen” (The New York Times)
- “9/18/20 Nasser Arrabyee on the Continued Horrors of the War in Yemen” (The Libertarian Institute)
- Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War
- “9/11/20 Ted Snider on the Israel-UAE Normalization Agreement” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “9/17/20 Ted Snider on the Bahrain ‘Peace’ Agreement” (The Libertarian Institute)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.