Director of the Ron Paul Institute Daniel McAdams returns to the show to discuss his latest article, “Russia Sanctions and the Coming Crackdown on Americans“. McAdams details the phony justification for the sanctions, how hardcore neocons are leading the Russia hysteria, and why it poses a serious threat to our first amendment rights. Scott and McAdams discuss whether Trump is totally and completely lost or whether he has one or two good instincts and if they will be revealed when he finally makes a decision on Afghanistan. McAdams explains why the neocons are flourishing under Trump and how both sides of the Trump administration divide (the nationalists and the neocons) are both pro-war in different ways. Finally, Scott asks about Venezuela and wonders which is to blame: the inherent problems of socialism or American intervention.
Daniel McAdams is the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity and the cohost of the Ron Paul Liberty Report. Follow him on Twitter @DanielLMcAdams and read all of his work over at Antiwar.com.
Discussed on the show
- “It’s not Russia that’s pushed Ukraine to the brink of war” (The Guardian)
- Sergey Lavrov
- “Fire McMaster,” by Justin Raimondo (Antiwar.com)
- Hamilton 68 Dashboard (German Marshall Fund)
- Lew Rockwell (LRC.com)
- “Alliance for Securing Democracy” (German Marshall Fund)
- Mike Chertoff
- David Kramer
- Michael Morell
- Bill Kristol
- Michael McFaul
- Mike Rogers
- Project for the New American Century (PNAC)
- Eric Margolis
- “McMaster ousts second official on National Security Council” (Washington Post)
- Hersha Ali (woman who says all Muslims are awful)
- Robert Parry (AlterNet)
- “Exclusive: Google, CIA Invest in ‘Future’ of Web Monitoring” (Wired.com)
- Venezuela has lower corporate tax rate than the United States (TaxFoundation.org)
- “Senate, Obama extend sanctions on Venezuela after prodding by Rubio” (The Hill)
- “Collateral Damage: U.S. Sanctions Aimed at Russia Strike Western European Allies,” by Diana Johnstone (Counterpunch)
- “This OPEC Country Has the Largest Proven Oil Reserves (and It’s Not Saudi Arabia)” (Fox Business)
- “The Koch Brothers, Hugo Chavez and the XL Pipeline,” by Greg Palast (GregPalast.com)
- Peace and Prosperity 2017 (Ron Paul conference in September in D.C.)
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.