Pete Quinones, formerly Mance Rayder, discusses some of his recent articles for the Libertarian Institute, covering gun control, Trump’s election in 2016, and Bernie Sanders’ proposed health care laws. After the shootings last week in El Paso and Dayton, many Americans have been calling for stricter gun control laws. Quinones reminds us that anything approaching the full confiscation of guns across the entire country that would be required to actually stop those who are desperate to get a gun from getting one would probably result in open violence between civilians and the police tasked with carrying out the program. He believes this could be the final straw that causes states to secede from the union, and so in one sense, it might not be such a bad thing if these policies caught on. They also discuss the drug war and America’s growing police state.
Discussed on the show:
- “‘This is the Most Important Election of Our Lifetime!’” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Bernie Sanders’ Totalitarian Plan for the Health Care Industry” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Episode 289: The U.S. Military on the Ground in Somalia w/ AR CPT Justin Long” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Episode 288: Mises.org Editor Ryan McMaken Addresses the Immigration Debate” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Your access to this site has been limited” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Not Acceptable!” (freeross.org)
Pete Quinones is managing editor of the Libertarian Institute and host of the Free Man Beyond the Wall podcast. He is the author of Freedom Through Memedom: The 31-Day Guide to Waking Up to Liberty and is co-producing the documentary, The Monopoly On Violence.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.