Scott interviews Bonnie Kristian about her new book and an article she wrote recently on America’s war in Somalia. After the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan last summer, Somalia is now America’s longest war. Though Trump temporarily shifted it to an air war while in office, Biden has ordered the troops back in. Scott and Kristian discuss the state of the conflict and examine the war’s place in the Global War on Terror.
Discussed on the show:
- Untrustworthy by Bonnie Kristian
- “I Didn’t Want It to Be True, but the Medium Really Is the Message” (New York Times)
- Technopoly by Niel Postman
- “Biden Sends U.S. Troops Back to Somalia” (The American Conservative)
- “Afghanistan Did Not Have to Turn Out This Way” (The Atlantic)
- “The Taliban’s Dangerous Collision Course With the West” (NYT Magazine)
- “Somalia appoints al Shabaab co-founder as religion minister” (Reuters)
- Veep (IMDb)
- “Yemeni Civil War Unleashes a Plague of Locusts” (Antiwar.com)
Bonnie Kristian is a fellow at Defense Priorities, and a regular contributor at The American Conservative. Her writing has appeared at TIME, CNN, Politico, The American Conservative, and many others. Follow her at her website or on Twitter @bonniekristian.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and Thc Hemp Spot.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.