Ramzy Baroud shares the heartbreaking story of Ahmed Amarneh, an engineer who decided to build a home for his family in a network of caves near their town after getting repeatedly denied building permits for a real house by the Israeli government. Now that he has moved his family to the caves, Israel is threatening to demolish the entire cave system. The Amarnehs are not alone, says Baroud—if anything, their story is representative of the general trend of the Israeli government using every legal means possible to prevent Palestinians from living on land that is rightfully theirs, and in many cases even trying to force them out altogether. This kind of ethnic cleansing will probably continue until the West comes to its senses and stops defending the worst of Israel’s human rights abuses.
Discussed on the show:
- “‘People of the Cave’: Palestinians Take Their Fight for Justice to the Mountains” (CounterPunch.org)
- Oslo Accords
- “8/28/20 Alan MacLeod on the Tight Relationship Between the US and Israel” (The Libertarian Institute)
- The Israel Project’s Global Language Dictionary
- “Biden forces try to debunk story that he threatened to cut aid to Israel over settlements– 38 years ago” (Mondoweiss)
- “Opinion | For Israel and Palestine, Equality in a One-State Solution” (The New York Times)
Ramzy Baroud is a US-Arab journalist and is the editor-in-chief of the Palestine Chronicle. He is the author of My Father Was A Freedom Fighter: The Untold Story of Gaza and The Last Earth: A Palestinian Story. His new book is These Chains Will Be Broken: Palestinian Stories of Struggle and Defiance in Israeli Prisons. Follow Ramzy on Twitter @RamzyBaroud and read his work at RamzyBaroud.net.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.