Jon Queally talks about the war in Yemen and the seemingly futile efforts from a few to stop it. Scott and Queally discuss how perpetual war numbs the public to each new conflict, preventing most from feeling outraged—or in many cases even knowing—about a situation like Yemen.
Discussed on the show:
- “Less Than 24 Hours After Senate Rejected Effort to Curb Slaughter, 26 More Children Killed by US-Backed Bombing in Yemen” (Common Dreams)
- National Defense Authorization Act
- “8/22/18 Bruce Fein on the American Empire” (Libertarian Institute)
- “Yemen: United Nations Experts point to possible war crimes by parties to the conflict” (United Nations Human Rights Council)
- “8/03/18 Iona Craig on US-Saudi Air War in Yemen” (Libertarian Institute)
- Win Without War
- Friends Committee
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Zen Cash; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and TheBumperSticker.com.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.