Jon Queally talks about the war in Yemen and the seemingly futile efforts from a few to stop it. Scott and Queally discuss how perpetual war numbs the public to each new conflict, preventing most from feeling outraged—or in many cases even knowing—about a situation like Yemen.
Discussed on the show:
- “Less Than 24 Hours After Senate Rejected Effort to Curb Slaughter, 26 More Children Killed by US-Backed Bombing in Yemen” (Common Dreams)
- National Defense Authorization Act
- “8/22/18 Bruce Fein on the American Empire” (Libertarian Institute)
- “Yemen: United Nations Experts point to possible war crimes by parties to the conflict” (United Nations Human Rights Council)
- “8/03/18 Iona Craig on US-Saudi Air War in Yemen” (Libertarian Institute)
- Win Without War
- Friends Committee
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Zen Cash; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and TheBumperSticker.com.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.