Dave DeCamp joins the show to give an update on the effort to evacuate Westerners and their allies from Kabul. He explains that the evacuations are moving at a good clip. So far, the Biden Administration has resisted pressure to send troops into Kabul as there has been no indication that the Taliban are stopping Americans from entering the airport. While there are unconfirmed reports of Taliban fighters committing violence, DeCamp warns that some skepticism is appropriate since many special interests want the war to continue. Finally, DeCamp talks about a possible anti-Taliban insurgency forming in the Panjshir Valley.
Discussed on the show:
- “How to Contain the Taliban” (Wall Street Journal)
- “Planes, guns, night-vision goggles: The Taliban’s new U.S.-made war chest” (Reuters)
- “Taliban Resistance Force Forming in Panjshir Valley” (Antiwar.com)
- “The mujahideen resistance to the Taliban begins now. But we need help.” (Washington Post)
- @Natsecjeff on Twitter
- “Ex-Trump official Chris Miller says Taliban deal was a ‘play’ never intended to pull troops” (New York Post)
Dave DeCamp is the assistant news editor of Antiwar.com. Follow him on Twitter @decampdave.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download