Max Blumenthal explains how the policies of the Obama administration, pushed by Joe Biden in particular, have fueled the migration crisis in Latin America we see today. Notably, America gave material support to the Colombian regime that massacred thousands of innocent civilians and dressed them as guerrilla revolutionaries in order to claim they were winning the war, and thereby get more aid from the U.S. Biden also supported brutal regimes in Honduras, El Salvador, and other countries, whose instability have caused millions of people to flee their homes for America’s southern border. The ultimate irony is that in this sense, Biden’s policies were directly responsible for the election of Donald Trump.
Discussed on the show:
- “Joe Biden Fueled the Latin American Migration Crisis” (Consortium News)
- Plan Colombia
- “False positives” scandal
- “Will Hunter Biden Jeopardize His Father’s Campaign? | The New Yorker” (The New Yorker)
- “Opinion | Joe Biden: A Plan for Central America” (The New York Times)
- “‘The coup turned Honduras into hell’: President Manuel Zelaya on 10th anniversary of overthrow by US” (YouTube)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.