Dan McKnight discusses recent efforts by his organization, BringOurTroopsHome.US, to get Republicans in congress to distance themselves from Liz Cheney. Cheney wields enormous influence in congress, both because of her last name and because she supports the reelection campaigns of a whole slew of congressmen. But her brand is utterly toxic, McKnight explains, and continued association with the Cheney name, he thinks, is likely to move the Republican party in a bad direction. It’s time that conservatives—and especially veterans—unite behind the only common sense answer to America’s endless terror wars, which is to bring the troops home as soon as possible.
Discussed on the show:
- “Urgent Letter To Congress: Remove Cheney” (BringOurTroopsHome.US)
- “RELEASE: Veterans group forewarns Republican candidates endorsed or financed by “Chicken Hawk Cheney” (BringOurTroopsHome.US)
- Patriotic Dissent: America in the Age of Endless War
- “Poll: About three quarters support bringing troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan” (The Hill)
- “New poll: Veterans and military families want out of Afghanistan, support more health care options for vets” (Concerned Veterans for America)
- “Majorities of US veterans say Iraq, Afghanistan wars weren’t worth fighting” (Pew Research Center)
Dan McKnight is the founder and Chairman of Idahoans to Bring Our Troops Home. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves, three years active duty with the U.S. Army, and ten years with the Idaho Army National Guard, including a one-year deployment to Afghanistan in 2006.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.