Kevin Gosztola is back with an update on Julian Assange and Daniel Hale, both of whom continue to languish in maximum security prisons for the “crime” of telling the people about the very real crimes of their own governments. Although a UK judge denied the U.S. extradition request in Assange’s case, she also granted the Justice Department an appeal of the decision, and ordered that Assange continue to be held until the appeal. It’s especially ironic that Assange and Hale are being held under inhumane conditions that are dangerous for their mental health, when the abysmal conditions of U.S. prisons was precisely the British judge’s reason for denying Assange’s appeal.
Discussed on the show:
- “Assange Extradition: High Court Grants US A Limited Appeal” (Shadowproof)
- “7/1/21 Bjartmar Alexandersson on the Lies of America’s Star Witness Against Julian Assange” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “The Drone Papers: Secret documents detail the U.S. assassination program.” (The Intercept)
- The Assassination Complex: Inside the Government’s Secret Drone Warfare Program
- “National Bird (2016)” (IMDb)
- “Kabul War Diary” (WikiLeaks)
- The Pentagon Papers
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee; Zippix Toothpicks and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.