Scott talks to Dave DeCamp about what’s going on in the various corners of America’s would-be empire. In Afghanistan, as predicted, the Taliban have been making gains against the Afghan government as the U.S. military withdraws—but the Biden administration’s withdrawal is still tepid, as they plan to keep a small number of troops to protect the embassy and to keep funding the Afghan military until at least 2022. In Iraq, things might be even worse, since DeCamp thinks the recent announcement that the U.S. is ending its “combat mission” is nothing more than a PR move that redefines the mission without actually changing it. Scott and DeCamp also touch on Yemen, Russia, China and Israel.
Discussed on the show:
- “U.S. Troops to Withdraw From Iraq—on Paper at Least” (Foreign Policy)
- “British Warships Enter South China Sea” (Antiwar.com)
- “US Air Force to send dozens of F-22 fighter jets to the Pacific amid tensions with China” (CNN)
- “Opinion | What Ben & Jerry’s Has to Do With Israel and Cybersecurity” (The New York Times)
- “‘It shows that BDS works’: Wafic Faour on how a group of Vermont activists got Ben & Jerry’s to move” (Mondoweiss)
- “Poll finds a quarter of US Jews think Israel is ‘apartheid state’” (The Times of Israel)
Dave DeCamp is the assistant news editor of Antiwar.com. Follow him on Twitter @decampdave.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.