Scott talks to Sheldon Richman about the dawning realization that a two-state solution for Israelis and Palestinians is never going to happen. Although Prime Minister Netanyahu recently backed down from his official plans for annexation of the West Bank, Richman says that for all practical purposes these territories were annexed years ago. And the current military occupation and subjugation of their Palestinian residents is unlikely to change in any meaningful way. Scott and Richman’s hope, echoed by a growing anti-Zionist movement in America, is that by acknowledging the false promise of the two-state solution, Palestinians might someday simply be granted equal rights under a single state.
Discussed on the show:
- “What Social Animals Owe to Each Other” (The Future of Freedom Foundation)
- “Opinion | For Israel and Palestine, Equality in a One-State Solution” (The New York Times)
- “Yavne: A Jewish Case for Equality in Israel-Palestine” (Jewish Currents)
- Beinart’s Final Solution: End Israel as Nation-State of the Jewish People” (Newsweek)
- “The Single-state Solution Is Already Here” (Haaretz)
- “Prophetic Anti-Zionists” (Antiwar.com Original)
- “Finkelstein: Israel will pretend that illegal annexation is a compromise” (The Grayzone)
- Oslo Accords
- Killing Gaza
Sheldon Richman is the executive editor of the Libertarian Institute and the author of Coming to Palestine and America’s Counter-Revolution: The Constitution Revisited. Follow him on Twitter @SheldonRichman.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.