Scott interviews Jeffrey Kaye about Avril Haines, a former Obama administration adviser and Deputy Director of the CIA recently appointed as a foreign policy adviser to Joe Biden. Haines has been described as a “superstar”, and clearly has a future as a well-connected national security insider. But Kaye says people should be alarmed by her past, most notably her probable connections to the CIA’s torture and “kill list” programs. Despite appearances—Haines is known for her more compassionate, intelligent approach—Kaye warns that she is just another part of the same destructive, immoral foreign policy establishment that Biden represents, and which he would surely seek to advance as president.
Discussed on the show:
- “Biden Advisor an “Apologist for Torture,” an Architect of “Kill Lists”” (Institute for Public Accuracy)
- “Avril Haines, The Least Likely Spy” (Newsweek)
- “Palantir Affiliation Disappears from Biden Adviser Avril Haines’s Bio” (The Intercept)
- “The Proxy War over Joe Biden Adviser Avril Haines” (The Daily Beast)
- “Jeremy Scahill Reveals CIA Facility, Prison in Somalia as U.S. Expands Covert Ops in Stricken Nation” (Democracy Now)
- “Terror Tuesdays, Kill Lists and Drones: Has the President Become a Law Unto Himself?” (Huffington Post)
- “The Drone Papers: Secret documents detail the U.S. assassination program.” (The Intercept)
Jeffrey Kaye is the author of Cover-up at Guantanamo: The NCIS Investigation into the “Suicides” of Mohammed Al Hanashi and Abdul Rahman Al Amri. Kaye is a retired psychologist, blogger, and author. Read his blog and follow him on Twitter @jeff_kaye.
Thomas Powell is an artist and writer. He is the author of numerous articles on foreign policy and American politics.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.