Kevin Gosztola discusses the alarming new developments in the case of Daniel Hale, a whistleblower who helped expose the U.S. military’s secret drone assassination program during the Obama administration. Because it’s so easy to obtain convictions of whistleblowers, Hale recently pled guilty to one of the charges against him, hoping to receive a deal from the court. But now he’s being held, mostly in solitary confinement, in the Alexandria Detention Center, the same facility where Chelsea Manning attempted suicide, and a specific part of the reason a British judge turned down the extradition of Julian Assange to the U.S. earlier this year. Scott and Gosztola lament the irony that America treats whistleblowers who risk their livelihoods for the sake of the American people worse than the worst violent criminals. This treatment was a pattern during the Obama and Trump administrations, and now seems to be continuing under Biden too.
Discussed on the show:
- “Drone Whistleblower Daniel Hale Detained at Facility Where Chelsea Manning Attempted Suicide” (Shadowproof)
- “Drone Whistleblower Daniel Hale Jailed Ahead of Sentencing” (The Intercept)
- “The Drone Papers: Secret documents detail the U.S. assassination program” (The Intercept)
- The Assassination Complex: Inside the Government’s Secret Drone Warfare Program
- Dirty Wars: The World Is A Battlefield
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.