Giorgio Cafiero of Gulf State Analytics discusses the mess that U.S. foreign policy has made of the Middle East in light of the news that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is in fact alive after many claims and rumors to the contrary. President Trump, Scott and Cafiero agree, has made a few good moves against America’s recent foreign policy trend, but for the most part has adhered exactly to the precedents of Obama, both Bushes, and Clinton.
Discussed on the show:
- “Baghdadi’s Alive, and So Is Islamic State’s Narrative” (LobeLog)
- “ISIL chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi appears in propaganda video” (Al Jazeera)
- “Undefeated, ISIS Is Back in Iraq” (New York Review of Books)
- “Audio Evidence: John Kerry confirms arming Daesh” (YouTube)
- “The Redirection” (The New Yorker)
- “Preparing the Battlefield” (The New Yorker)
- Devil’s Game
- Asad: The Struggle for the Middle East by Seale
Giorgio Cafiero is the CEO and founder of Gulf State Analytics, a geopolitical risk consultancy based in Washington, DC. He writes regularly for the Middle East Institute, The National Interest, and LobeLog. Find him on Twitter @GiorgioCafiero.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.