Scott interviews Max Blumenthal about the recent violence that has thrust Israel-Palestine into the national spotlight. On one hand, there is a growing recognition—thanks to reports from organizations like Human Rights Watch—that Israel is essentially an apartheid Jewish state with second-class Palestinian citizens. On the other hand, there has been a great deal of concern about a supposed rise in anti-semitic violence around the world, and especially in America, in response to the coverage of Israel’s crimes. Blumenthal says this latter claim is actually extremely overblown—if you look into the supposed incidents, many turn out to be as benign as a Palestinian solidarity march or a speaker advocating for equal rights for Palestinians. Jews have been victims in many societies throughout history, but today, says Blumenthal, they are doing very well in America and are much safer here, on the whole, than in Israel. And the Israeli government, unfortunately, has now become the perpetrator of a great deal of injustice and abuse in its own right.
Discussed on the show:
- “To distract from Gaza slaughter, Israel lobby manufactures antisemitism freakout” (The Grayzone)
- “Eisenhower rejected military chiefs’ demand for nuclear war on China, classified account of ’58 Taiwan Strait crisis reveals” (The Grayzone)
- Coming to Palestine
- 1967: Israel, the War, and the Year that Transformed the Middle East
- “Israeli Authorities and the Crimes of Apartheid and Persecution” (Human Rights Watch)
- “A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid” (B’Tselem)
- America’s War for the Greater Middle East: A Military History
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.