Scott talks to Phyllis Bennis about the Palestinians’ Great March of Return, a protest against the unjust removal of Palestinians from their own land by the Israeli government. A huge problem, explains Bennis in a recent article, is the Israeli military’s policy to shoot all protestors, even children, who approach the border fence. Because of the lack of good medical care faced by many Palestinians, thousands have had to have limbs amputated and hundreds have died.
Discussed on the show:
- “Foreign Aid That Costs an Arm and a Leg — Literally” (OtherWords)
- “Israel’s War Criminals In Their Own Words, by Philip Giraldi” (The Unz Review)
- “What does Israel’s new justice minister really think about Arabs?” (Haaretz.com)
- “Resources on H.R. 2407, Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act” (Congresswoman Betty McCollum)
- “”A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm”” (zFacts)
Phyllis Bennis directs the New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies, focusing on Middle East, U.S. wars and UN issues. She is also a fellow of the Transnational Institute in Amsterdam. Find her on Twitter @PhyllisBennis.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.