Scott talks to Steven Woskow about recent anti-BDS legislation at both the state and federal level. The issue has been going back and forth in the courts because on the one hand, a boycott is just an expression of personal first amendment freedoms, but on the other, it could be argued that it constitutes discrimination against a religious group. Scott and Woskow, however, agree that the religious discrimination argument is totally illegitimate because this is a political and human rights issue, not a religious one.
Discussed on the show:
- “Anti-BDS Laws vs the First Amendment” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Text – S.1 – 116th Congress (2019-2020): Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act of 2019” (Library of Congress)
- 85(R) HB 89 – Introduced version
- Bahia Amawi v. Pflugerville Independent School District
- Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall, and Catastrophic Legacy
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1KGye7S3pk7XXJT6TzrbFephGDbdhYznTa.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download