Scott talks to Steven Woskow about recent anti-BDS legislation at both the state and federal level. The issue has been going back and forth in the courts because on the one hand, a boycott is just an expression of personal first amendment freedoms, but on the other, it could be argued that it constitutes discrimination against a religious group. Scott and Woskow, however, agree that the religious discrimination argument is totally illegitimate because this is a political and human rights issue, not a religious one.
Discussed on the show:
- “Anti-BDS Laws vs the First Amendment” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Text – S.1 – 116th Congress (2019-2020): Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act of 2019” (Library of Congress)
- 85(R) HB 89 – Introduced version
- Bahia Amawi v. Pflugerville Independent School District
- Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall, and Catastrophic Legacy
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.