Scott interviews national security attorney Jesselyn Radack about her work in the protection of whistleblowers. Daniel Hale, the man who leaked the so-called “drone papers” to the Intercept in 2014, has just pleaded guilty to violations of the Espionage Act in what Radack calls yet another travesty of justice. Because the Espionage Act, of course, has nothing to do with espionage. It’s never used to go after spies—or any real threat to the well-being of the American people—but only to prosecute people who bravely risk their livelihoods and freedom to expose secrets that Americans have a right to know.
Discussed on the show:
- “Former intelligence analyst Daniel Hale pleads guilty to leaking classified information” (The Washington Post)
- “The Drone Papers: Secret documents detail the U.S. assassination program.” (The Intercept)
- The Assassination Complex: Inside the Government’s Secret Drone Warfare Program
- “Citizenfour (2014)” (IMDb)
- “National Bird (2016)” (IMDb)
Jesselyn Radack is a national security and human rights lawyer who heads the Whistleblower and Source Protection Program at ExposeFacts. She is the author of TRAITOR: The Whistleblower and the “American Taliban”. Follow her on Twitter @JesselynRadack.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.