Scott interviews Hassan El-Tayyab from the Friends Committee on National Legislation about the effort to end the humanitarian crisis in Yemen. Although the Biden administration announced an end to support for “offensive operations” in Yemen, thanks to the Saudi blockade of the Hodedah port, the country is still experiencing the worst humanitarian crisis in the world. The UN has estimated that 400,000 children could starve to death in 2021—it’s entirely in the power of the U.S. government to stop it.
Discussed on the show:
- “UN Warns 400,000 Yemeni Children May Starve To Death In 2021” (Forbes)
- “3/18/21 Scott Paul on the Millions of Innocent Lives at Stake in Yemen” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media (1992)” (IMDb)
- “Advocates and Celebrities Call for Immediate End to Saudi Blockade of Yemen” (Friends Committee On National Legislation)
- “What’s the one thing that Arabs, Turks and Iranians can all agree on?” (Al Monitor)
Hassan El-Tayyab is a musician and peace activist, who works as the lead lobbyist on Middle East policy for the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download