Peter Van Buren is back on the show to discuss a number of articles he published about Russiagate and the Hunter Biden Laptop coverup. He and Scott run through the history of the coordinated effort to keep Trump out of the White House in 2016, and detail how the effort shifted to removing him from office after he won before finally settling on an attempt to “rein him in” that proved successful. That brings them to the 2020 election where the shadowy tactics used to propel Biden to victory over Trump were clear to see and even bragged about in a Time Magazine article. Van Buren warns that the story is not over. And that unless the American public shows uncharacteristic concern about intelligence bureaucrats working to sway elections, the process is bound to repeat in 2024.
Discussed on the show:
- “The Russiagate Hoax Goes Deeper Than We Thought” (Libertarian Institute)
- “Thoughts For The Dead” (The American Conservative)
- “Revisiting Hunter Biden’s Laptop” (The American Conservative)
- “The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election” (Time)
- “The Hunter Biden disinformation campaign” (Spectator World)
- Peter Van Buren’s Soho Forum Debate on Taiwan
Peter Van Buren worked for 24 years at the Department of State including a year in Iraq. He is the author of We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People and the novel Hooper’s War. He is now a contributing editor at The American Conservative magazine.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt and Listen and Think Audio.