Scott interviews Ray McGovern about America’s perilous foreign policy stance in Eastern Europe. Over the last few years, the U.S. has increasingly thrown its support behind Ukraine—and specifically the pro-Western, anti-Russian forces in that country. This policy has shown itself to be extremely dangerous, given Russia’s clear willingness to go to war to defend its interests in Crimea and on its own border. Luckily, explains McGovern, the Biden administration seems to have backed down for the time being from a commitment to a full defense of Ukraine against Russia.
Discussed on the show:
- “Biden and Blinken Blink on Ukraine” (Antiwar.com)
- “White House: Intel on Russian ‘bounties’ on US troops shaky” (wfmz.com)
- “Our Work with the DNC: Setting the record straight” (CrowdStrike)
- The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam
- “Why America Can’t End Its ‘Forever Wars’” (Newsweek)
- “[Letter from Washington] | A Very Perfect Instrument, by Andrew Cockburn” (Harper’s Magazine)
- “In Midst of War, Ukraine Becomes Gateway for Jihad” (The Intercept)
- “Ukraine crisis: Transcript of leaked Nuland-Pyatt call” (BBC News)
- “”F the EU!” – Victoria Nuland phoning with Geoffrey Pyatt” (YouTube)
- “Nyet Means Nyet” (WikiLeaks)
Ray McGovern is the co-creator of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity and the former chief of the CIA’s Soviet analysts division. Read all of his work at his website: raymcgovern.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.