Scott talks to William Van Wagenen about his latest article for the Libertarian Institute, “A Brief History of the Destruction of Yarmouk,” which traces the story of the Palestinian refugee camp at Yarmouk. Much of the blame for the horrible conditions there fell on the Syrian government, when in reality much of the fault lies with rebels, who were killing refugees and deliberately preventing food and aid from getting in. This skewed reporting, of course, contributed to the anti-Assad bias of the Western media and U.S. government, and downplayed the government’s own role in backing those same rebels. Scott and Van Wagenen also discuss the many failed regime change tactics of the American military in general.
Discussed on the show:
- “A Brief History of the Destruction of Yarmouk” (Libertarian Institute)
- “The Myth of US ‘Inaction’ in Syria” (Libertarian Institute)
- “There is No FSA, There is Only Al-Qaeda” (Libertarian Institute)
- “Why Does Assad Buy Oil From ISIS?” (Libertarian Institute)
- Nakba Day
- Naksa Day
- “Jihadists Receiving Most Arms Sent to Syrian Rebels” (The New York Times)
- “The Jihad Next Door” (POLITICO Magazine)
- The Management of Savagery: How America’s National Security State Fueled the Rise of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Donald Trump
- “Trump Ends Timber Sycamore, Covert CIA Program To Arm Syrian Rebels” (Mint Press News)
William Van Wagenen has a BA in German literature From Brigham Young University and an MA in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School. You can read more of his writings at the Libertarian Institute. Follow him on Twitter @wvanwagenen.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1KGye7S3pk7XXJT6TzrbFephGDbdhYznTa.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download