Investigative journalist Rick Sterling joins Scott to discuss his latest article for Consortium News, “Taking the World to the Brink.” Sterling describes what he’s seen in his time in Syria and shares his perspective on the war and the most recent chemical attack in Douma. Sterling then explains why he’s very skeptical, once again, that the Syrian government is responsible for the latest chemical attack. Scott and Sterling discuss the failures of U.S. foreign policy generally, and then consider why the reception to ridding Mosul of Islamist terrorists was received so differently form Syria.
Rick Sterling is an investigative journalist and member of Syria Solidarity Movement. Read more of his work at Consortium News.
Discussed on the show:
- Douma, Syria
- Jaysh al-Islam
- “The Red Line and the Rat Line,” by Seymour Hersh (London Review of Books)
- “The Obama Doctrine,” by Jeffrey Goldberg (The Atlantic)
- “4/6/17 Philip Giraldi says IC-Military Doubt Assad Gas Narrative” (The Scott Horton Show)
- “Trump’s Red Line,” by Seymour Hersh (Welt)
- “Syrian Chemicals Destroyed on U.S. Ship” (Arms Control Association)
- Devil’s Game: How the United States Helped Unleash Fundamentalist Islam, by Robert Dreyfuss
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.