Scott interviews Epoch Times reporter Ken Silva about two articles he recently published that explore PATCON, an undercover FBI operation that began in the 1990s and targeted right-wing groups. The operation is still shrouded in mystery, but details have surfaced over the years. Scott and Silva talk about why PATCON is still making news today and discuss the possible ties with the 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City.
Discussed on the show:
- “PATCON Explored: Records Provide Glimpse of FBI Right-Wing Infiltration Ops” (Epoch Times)
- “FBI’s Operation to Infiltrate Right-Wing Extremist Groups Lies at Center of Transparency Lawsuit” (Epoch Times)
- Libertarian Institute: OKC Bombing Archive
- Aberration in the Heartland of the Real: The Secret Lives of Timothy McVeigh by Wendy Painting
- News Broadcast about the unreleased surveillance tape
Ken Silva covers national security issues for The Epoch Times. His reporting background also includes cybersecurity, crime and offshore finance – including three years as a reporter in the British Virgin Islands and two years in the Cayman Islands.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt and Listen and Think Audio.