Scott talks to Jim Bovard about the Waco massacre, and especially the second investigation into the government’s actions, led by Senator John Danforth in 1999. After new evidence emerged that contradicted the official government story, another investigation was conducted, but Bovard says that its mission all along was really just to whitewash the government’s malfeasance. Danforth was a moderate Republican and a darling of the establishment, who had his eyes on the vice presidency in the Bush administration. He did his cover-up job effectively, as Bovard outlines in a new piece; the horrific true story of the massacre of the Davidians has only come out slowly over the years.
Discussed on the show:
- “How the Government Covered Up the Waco Massacre” (The Libertarian Institute)
- LOST RIGHTS: The Destruction of American Liberty
- “Waco: The Rules of Engagement (1997)”
- “Waco: A New Revelation (2000)”
- This Is Not An Assault:Penetrating the Web of Official Lies Regarding the Waco Incident
- “The F.L.I.R Project (Video 2001)”
- Davidian Massacre: Disturbing Questions About Waco Which Must Be Answered
Jim Bovard is a columnist for USA Today and the author of Public Policy Hooligan: Rollicking and Wrangling from Helltown to Washington. Find all of his books and read his work on his website and follow him on Twitter @JimBovard.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.