Peter Van Buren gives his thoughts on the conclusion of the Mueller probe, which after two years of non-stop reporting has shown just how few honest journalists are left. Nobody should be surprised by the deep state, he says, after seeing how many times they’ve lied to the American people and gotten the media to carry water for them. Scott and Van Buren are not optimistic that anything will change.
Discussed on the show:
- “It Was All a Lie” (The American Conservative)
- Colour revolution
- “All they want for Christmas is you, Mueller”
- “Looking to a Reagan in U.S. Foreign Policy” (Foreign Affairs)
- “Ukraine crisis: Transcript of leaked Nuland-Pyatt call” (BBC News)
- Panama Papers
- “Mueller Madness: The media pundits who got it most wrong” (New York Post)
Peter Van Buren worked for 24 years at the Department of State including a year in Iraq. He is the author of We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People and the novel Hooper’s War. He is now a contributing editor at The American Conservative magazine.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.