Kelley Vlahos returns to the show to talk about some of the writers, pundits and government advisors most responsible for the invasion of Iraq twenty years ago. Vlahos wrote an article highlighting three awful reflections about the war written recently by some of its biggest cheerleaders—David Frum, Eli Lake and Max Boot. They also discussed a symposium organized by Responsible Statecraft which asked a range of historians, journalists and authors to name the most underrated player responsible for bringing about the war and explain why.
Discussed on the show:
- “Setting the record straight on the teeming media swamp that supported Iraq” (Responsible Statecraft)
- “Symposium: Aside from Bush & Cheney who is at fault for the Iraq War?” (Responsible Statecraft)
- Bad News: How the Media Marched Us to War in Iraq and Beyond
- “What the Neocons Got Wrong” (Foreign Affairs)
- “The Iraq War Reconsidered” (The Atlantic)
- “The Iraq War, 20 Years Later” (Commentary)
- “REVOLT AGAINST THE NEOCONS” (Antiwar.com)
- “The Pentagon Muzzles the CIA” (The American Prospect)
Kelley Beaucar Vlahos is Editorial Director of Responsible Statecraft and Senior Advisor at the Quincy Institute. Follow her on Twitter @KelleyBVlahos.
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.