Phil Weiss joins Scott to discuss Ahed Tamimi’s plea bargain, which will result in eight months in prison. Weiss argues that Israeli culture has gone off the rails and that all the fears that Americans have about the rightward swing in the U.S. are being fully realized in Israel. Weiss then details the shift in American Jews’ views towards Israel and how young people, in particular, have unfavorable views toward Israel. Finally Weiss and Scott talk about the move of the Iran Deal, John Bolton, and Trump’s decision to move the embassy to Jerusalem.
Discussed on the show:
- “Israeli soldier who shot dead wounded Palestinian has prison sentence cut by a third” (The Independent)
- “‘We should exact a price’ from Ahed Tamimi ‘in the dark,’ Israeli journalist says,” (Mondoweiss)
- “Israeli Army Arrests Palestinian Teenage Girl Who Slapped Soldiers; ‘She Should Finish Her Life in Prison’” (Haaretz)
- “Ron Lauder’s two-state epiphany elicits rage and condescension in Israel,” by Phil Weiss (Mondoweiss)
- Ronald Lauder
- “Schumer says he opposed the Iran deal because of ‘threat to Israel’,” by Phil Weiss (Mondoweiss)
- “Gideon Levy: The Zionist Tango: Step Left, Step Right” (YouTube)
- United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine
- “Mike Pence in the Middle East: The new pointman on foreign policy?” by John Bolton (The Hill)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.