John Kiriakou returns to the show to discuss Trump’s nomination of Gina Haspel as the new head of the CIA. Kiriakou begins by clarifying what’s fact from fiction about Abu Zubaydah and Haspel’s role in the CIA torture program. Scott and Kiriakou then re-live the propaganda and lies that led to the Iraq War and the role that torture played in the grand deception. Finally Scott and Kiriakou discuss whether Haspel will face any real opposition in her confirmation process.
John Kiriakou is a former CIA officer and author of The Convenient Terrorist: Two Whistleblowers’ Stories of Torture, Terror, Secret Wars, and CIA Lies and Doing Time Like A Spy. He is the host of Loud and Clear on Sputnik Radio. Follow him on Twitter @JohnKiriakou.
Discussed on the show:
- “Gina Haspel Should Be in the Dock at the Hague,” by John Kiriakou (Reader Supported News)
- “Evaluating The Potential New CIA Director” (NPR)
- “I went to prison for disclosing the CIA’s torture. Gina Haspel helped cover it up.” by John Kiriakou (Washington Post)
- Abu Zubaydah
- “Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role” (CNN)
- Abu Anas al-Libi
- Jose Rodriguez
- “CIA admits it broke into Senate computers; senators call for spy chief’s ouster” (McClatchy)
- “Rand Paul Issues Filibuster Threat on Trump’s State and CIA Nominees” (Bloomberg)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.