Investigative columnist Jim Bovard returns to the show to discuss his latest piece for The Hill, “Time for the US to end democracy promotion flim-flams.” Bovard makes the case for why cutting spending to “pro-democratic organizations” would be a good thing, and explains what the consequences would be. Bovard and Scott then discuss the rule of Vladimir Putin and his perception in the United States before finishing with a rundown of the latest events in Syria.
Discussed on the show:
- Scott Horton on C-SPAN
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- “Abolish the National Endowment for Democracy,” by Jim Bovard (Libertarian Institute)
- Carl Gershman
- Allen Weinstein
- “James Woolsey on the Russians’ efforts to disrupt elections” (Fox News)
- “Former Soviet states stand up to Russia. Will the U.S.?” by Carl Gershman (Washington Post)
- “Trump must expose Obama-era power grabs,” by Jim Bovard (USA Today)
- August 2012 DIA report
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.