Investigative columnist Jim Bovard returns to the show to discuss his latest piece for The Hill, “Time for the US to end democracy promotion flim-flams.” Bovard makes the case for why cutting spending to “pro-democratic organizations” would be a good thing, and explains what the consequences would be. Bovard and Scott then discuss the rule of Vladimir Putin and his perception in the United States before finishing with a rundown of the latest events in Syria.
Discussed on the show:
- Scott Horton on C-SPAN
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- “Abolish the National Endowment for Democracy,” by Jim Bovard (Libertarian Institute)
- Carl Gershman
- Allen Weinstein
- “James Woolsey on the Russians’ efforts to disrupt elections” (Fox News)
- “Former Soviet states stand up to Russia. Will the U.S.?” by Carl Gershman (Washington Post)
- “Trump must expose Obama-era power grabs,” by Jim Bovard (USA Today)
- August 2012 DIA report
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.