Philip Weiss joins the show to discuss developments concerning the Israeli government’s support among American Jews. They talk about a column written recently by Thomas Friedman, who is essentially a neoconservative who presents himself as a centrist liberal. Friedman urged his fellow American Jews to push back against the direction Netanyahu’s government is taking Israeli society. Scott and Weiss discuss the significance of this development and frame out the broader context of what’s happening.
Discussed on the show:
- “Netanyahu Is Shattering Israeli Society” (New York Times)
- “American Jews, You Have to Choose Sides on Israel” (New York Times)
- Scott’s interview with Jonathan Ofir
- “A Threshold Crossed” (Human Rights Watch)
- “Israel’s apartheid against Palestinians: a cruel system of domination and a crime against humanity” (Amnesty International)
Philip Weiss is the long-time editor of Mondoweiss.net. Follow him on Twitter @PhilWeiss.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjY