Consortium News’ Gilbert Doctorow returns to the show to discuss his latest article, “A Coming Russia-Ukraine War?” Doctorow also shares his memories of legendary journalist Bob Parry who died this week, explains why understanding Russian political goals is essential to good diplomacy, and describes the rising tensions between Russia and the Ukraine. Doctorow then details the many different sanctions placed on Russians by the United States, and makes the case why sanctions constitute an act of war.
Gilbert Doctorow is an independent political analyst and was the European Coordinator of The American Committee for East-West Accord. He writes regularly for Consortium News. His latest book is “Does the United States Have a Future?”
Discussed on the show:
- “Saddam’s Green Light,” by Robert Parry (Consortium News)
- “Neocons and the Ukraine Coup,” by Robert Parry (Consortium News)
- Minsk Protocol
- Minsk II
- Petro Poroshenko
- “US to send anti-tank missiles to Ukraine” (ABC News)
- “McCain: Russia Is a ‘Gas Station Masquerading As a Country'” (YouTube)
- “The U.S. Military Budget is Bigger Than the 10 Next Biggest Military Budgets Combined” (Reason)
- “In Midst of War, Ukraine Becomes Gateway for Jihad” (The Intercept)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.