Scott interviews Matthew Hoh about Joe Biden’s history pushing for the war in Iraq and his subsequent attempt to whitewash this record. When Hillary Clinton faced Barack Obama in the 2008 primary, Hillary’s record in support of the war was a major factor in Obama’s victory—Hoh wishes that this time around the other Democrats would make more out of Biden’s pro-war history instead of mostly letting foreign policy go undiscussed. Even Sanders, who has been sound in his opposition to the war in Yemen, and who theoretically should be staunchly antiwar, has not made this a central aspect of his campaign. The rest of the major candidates, Hoh says, are just as bad as Biden.
Discussed on the show:
- WORTH THE PRICE? Joe Biden and the Launch of the Iraq War
- “THE FIX IS IN” (antiwar.com)
- “How Wartime Washington Lives In Luxury” (The American Conservative)
- “Coca-Cola Classic ad: ‘Mean’ Joe Greene [Full Version] (1979)” (YouTube)
- “Secret Annexes Can Khalilzad Deliver Afghan Peace for Trump?” (Time)
- “The Redirection” (The New Yorker)
- “Iraq Has a New Prime Minister, but It Needs Regime Change to Escape Iran’s Influence” (Foreign Policy)
Matthew Hoh is a senior fellow at the Center for International Policy and formerly worked for the U.S. State Department. Hoh received the Ridenhour Prize Recipient for Truth Telling in 2010. Hoh is a member of the Board of Directors for Council for a Livable World and is an Advisory Board Member for Expose Facts. He writes on issues of war, peace and post-traumatic stress disorder recovery at matthewhoh.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.