Grant Smith joins the show to promote his upcoming conference, Transcending The Israel Lobby At Home And Abroad, to be held in Washington D.C. this May. The conference, as with most of Smith’s work, is focused on exposing the power the Israel Lobby wields in America to control the narrative on both Israel-Palestine, and American relations with Israel. Smith laments the fact that any opposition to the policies of the Israeli government is so easily depicted as mere anti-semitism. He is optimistic, however, about the kind of activism that is gaining steam and showing that it is possible to criticize the injustice without unjustly but effectively being smeared as a racist.
Discussed on the show:
- IsraelLobbyCon 2020
- “1/10/20 Grant Smith on the Rise of the Virginia Israel Advisory Board” (The Libertarian Institute)
- Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
- “Iraq Has a New Prime Minister, but It Needs Regime Change to Escape Iran’s Influence” (Foreign Policy)
- Occupation of the American Mind
- ““American neoconservatives: a history and overview” Jim Lobe” (YouTube)
Grant F. Smith is the author of a number of books including Big Israel: How Israel’s Lobby Moves America, Divert!, and most recently The Israel Lobby Enters State Government: Rise of the Virginia Israel Advisory Board. He is director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.