Ray McGovern talks with Scott about the lies and malfeasance of the national security state during the “Russiagate” fiasco. McGovern begins by rehashing the FBI’s lies that first led to a FISA warrant on Carter Page, who they failed to disclose to the court was already a CIA asset who was delivering them information about the Russians. McGovern also reminds us that Comey himself lied about the reliability of the evidence in the Steele dossier, which in private he revealed that he knew to be dubious. But of course the real target was always Donald Trump and his campaign all along, who could be easily spied on thanks to the “two hops” principle, by which almost anyone can become the target of “legitimate” surveillance according to the convoluted and malicious system of the national security apparatus.
Discussed on the show:
- “Will Comey’s Words Come Back To Haunt Him?” (Antiwar.com Original)
- “The Shaky Case That Russia Manipulated Social Media to Tip the 2016 Election” (Consortium News)
- Hate Inc.: Why Today’s Media Makes Us Despise One Another
- “James Comey, Whistleblower” (CounterPunch.org)
- The Complex (American Empire Project)
- Mary’s Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace: Third Edition
Ray McGovern is the co-creator of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity and the former chief of the CIA’s Soviet analysts division. Read all of his work at his website: raymcgovern.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; Zippix Toothpicks; and Listen and Think Audio.