Scott interviews Sheldon Richman about his latest TGIF article, “Who Owns You?”, which explores the history of medical authority as justification for the violation of individual rights in America, including up to today, with government agencies arbitrarily banning certain types of voluntary behavior on purely collectivist and paternalistic grounds.
Discussed on the show:
- “TGIF: Who Owns You?” (The Libertarian Institute)
- Our Right To Drugs: The Case for a Free Market
- Ceremonial Chemistry: The Ritual Persecution of Drugs, Addicts, and Pushers
- “Incredibly, Prosecutors are Still Defending Bite Mark Evidence” (Washington Post)
- “The Liberty of Ancients Compared with that of Moderns (1819)” (Online Library of Liberty)
- “A Fatal Houston Drug Raid is a Familiar Story of Needless Violence, Death and Destruction” (Washington Post)
- “1/25/19 Sheldon Richman on the FDA’s War on Tobacco” (The Scott Horton Show)
- Saying Yes: In Defense of Drug Use
- Addiction Is a Choice
- “Drug Decriminalization in Portugal: Lessons for Creating Fair and Successful Drug Policies” (Cato Institute)
Sheldon Richman is the executive editor of the Libertarian Institute and the author of America’s Counter-Revolution: The Constitution Revisited. Follow him on Twitter @SheldonRichman.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.